Sunday, June 3, 2007

Rhett's Run - Columbia, MO



May 6th was the next round of the Midwest Fat Tires Series, aka Rhetts Run, out in Columbia Mo. That day saw some of the worse rain and flooding that Kansas City has seen in a long time. I looked at the live doppler radar in the internet and it looked like the race had a slim chance to happen rain free so we left KC in a total down pour. It poured all the way to about 15 miles west of Columbia then the sky opened up to a gorgeous day. The course was in perfect shape and definitely is well suited more my speed and technical prowess. I got the hole shot and never looked back. Had the fastest time of the day which sure helps out in the overall championship . A few sprinkles during the awards but the rain held off. Then the drive home. Just as we got on I70 to head towards KC, the heavens opened up and it was BAD. Traffic on I70 stopped or slowed to about 5mph several times, and I actually pulled off and stopped twice which says a lot since I can drive through ANYTHING. It poured all the way back to KC. Ciao