Wednesday, February 9, 2011

"Winter"?

Comparatively speaking....not even close. But no complaints from me when it's
mid 70's and clear blue skies in February. Winter still brings the drag of shorter days, but the weekday Night Rides are slowly moving towards daylight for the first 30-40 minutes, then turn the lights on. Seems like just a few weeks ago it was dark before I even got home from work. Weekend riding is going well. The Saturday "House of Pain" group ride is ramping up into it's normal speed. We still do the optional 5 mile Diablo Junction climb at the very end which really stings. Once the ride is back to ful gas, that finishing climb goes away. I've been reserving Sunday for EPIC MTB stuff with serious climbing, descending, just about everything. I haven't even scratched the surface on the dirt stuff I can ride from my house. I've pretty much covered the North/West corner of the Mt. Diablo area but there is a whole lot more off on the Southern side. It's cool now that I've done a bunch of different loops, i can start linking rides together for some 4hr plus, 90% dirt rides right out my back door. Of course there's still MT. TAM off in the distance that I haven't been to yet. It's on the list and that will take years to ride all of those trails at least once.