Thursday, April 9, 2009

Too Much...

Good week of riding so far. Up and down weather as usually. Sunday cold and rainy, Monday just plain cold, but got out and did about an hour on the cx bike at Lake Lenexa. Tuesday's Crit went OK. Warm and not so windy so everything stayed together. Managed something around 10th in the sprint, which I rarely ever go for, but I found myself too close to the front to peel off and get out of the way safely. Wednesday was gorgeous so I decided to ride in the work. 18 miles in about 50 minutes. Only my 4th commute this year so i'm behind last years pace by quite a bit. the ride home in the afternoon was tough. I was just tired and didn't have any snap. the steep climb on Renner south of Holiday sucks as did the the long climb south of Midland. Of course the the climb on Woodland to my house wasn't fun either. Got home just before 5pm, grabbed some food, then headed back out for the 45minute ride over to the start of the Wed Hill Ride. I was feeling pretty stale by now but what the heck, it's just training. Sometimes I can ride through feeling crappy and sometimes I can't. Once the ride got going, the legs just turned into dead wood. I tried to go at the bottom of Lawrence Hill but came to grief rather quickly. That was it and the rest of the ride was just miserable. I've done the commute to work and then did the Tuesday night crit many times but trying the Hill Ride was too much. I ended up have just under 4hrs in the legs by the time I got home. It's good to stress the body like that periodically. With the rain coming today and Friday, i'll get a good rest period and come back feeling great.