Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Tuesday Night Worlds

What a perfect night for a ride. I was out of town this past weekend, but I heard it was miserable weather, and more is moving in today. At least last night was nice. Good turnout. Mercy had the big numbers but Tailwind was right in there with some quality over quantity. Lot of moves but nothing really got organized. Hitting the bell lap, I was in perfect position, about 15th or so. That's about the right place for me. Any further up and I get mixed in with guys that I know will out sprint me anyway. Any further back and guys start sitting up and messing things up. Well, turns out a few guys around 11th to 14th decided to shut it down coming around turn 1 and that was it. Tried to go wide and get around 'em in turn 1 and 2 but it was already over. The first 10 guys got a 20 foot gap going into the downhill and that was it. The tactic of sitting up right in the middle of everbody and having the entire field split around you works great for the guy doing it and their teammates at or off the front, but not really for all the guys that have to get around that person. It happens a lot out there. One minor crash. Some mtb guy went wide in turn 3, got gutter'ed, and eventually ended up in the grass. No major physical injuries reported.