Monday, May 10, 2010

Update, Commuting, Giro, Etc

Last 2 weekends have been crazy. It's crunch time on getting the house pulled together and listed. Put in almost 30hrs between Friday afternoon and last night alone. That hurt. I feel worse this morning than I did the Monday after Bonebender. Last weekend was about the same and a few hours every night after work in between. I'm on a racing hiatus until I get the bulk of everything done. Gratefull just to get out and ride for a couple hrs here and there. End result will be well worth it of course. On the commuting side, managed to get in 5 so far this year. Not lighting the world on fire there but getting them in when I can. The Giro is under way. Impressed with Brent Bookwalter's prologue ride. Not impressed with the bunch as a whole in yesterdays road stage. I know it's the first grand tour of the year, but all of these guys have been racing for a while now. The roads in Italy are definately NOT the same as those in the TdF and all of these guys have been here before. Tyler Farrar looked great in the finish line dash, but didn't look good laying in the middle of that traffic island. Good comeback.